Sunday, August 21, 2011
Two words to describe that dessert : simple and efficient.
Simple to do it, all parts of the recipe are easy to execute.
Efficient by the effect you will feel when you will bring the first bite to your mouth.
Panna cotta :
2-3 gelatine leaves
16 fl oz heavy cream
4 fl oz milk
1 vanilla bean (Op)
2 1/2 oz sugar
Heat the cream, milk, vanilla seeds and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
Soften the gelatin in cold water. Press it to remove as much water as possible. Add it to the hot cream mixture and stir until dissolved.
Divide the same quantity of panna cotta into your chosen recipient.
Place in the fridge for minimum 2 hours.
Cherry jam :
1 lb cherry
4 oz sugar
sqz lemon juice
sqz pure almond extract (Op)
Clean and pit the cherries.
In a pan, mix and heat all the ingredients. Cook it slowly until you get half of the initial volume. Stir frequently.
When you get the desired consistence, let it cool.
1 3/4 oz almonds powder
1 3/4 oz sugar
1 3/4 oz flour
1 3/4 oz softed butter
Let the butter soften at room temperature. Add all the ingredients, if it is too moisture, add a bit more flour.
Put it in the fridge for 1h minimum. During that time, turn on your oven at 350F, take a sheet tray, crushed the dough and cook it, stir it frequently until the crisp get a blond coloration. Once it is done, keep the crisp in a cookie container.
Once that 3 first steps are done and the panna cotta looks like jelly, top it with some cherry compote and finish with some crisp. Now it is ready to eat.
- The 3 first steps could be done the day before, like this, you will be sure that the panna cotta will be fully ready.
- Do not forget, use soften butter and NOT melted butter, for a better result at the end.
- The recipe is with cherry fruit but you can switch to other fruits. Also if you want to replace the pure almond extract with some spices, feel free to do so.
- For the crisp, if you prefer to use some pistachio powder, hazelnut powder, pecan powder... it is up to you!
- For a better presentation, use transparent container like martini glass. Layers will be more visible.
- Keep one cherrry per person or a piece of fruits choice for decoration purpose.
sqz : squeeze bottle, one pressure to get the exact quantity of liquid you need.
Op : optional
FM : for memory, you have to think about it but you do not have any quantity to respect.